Posts Tagged music stand
DIY Project – Music/Copy Stand Cover
Take a few seconds and DIY fix some of the common problems with using metal music stands!
Not too many people think about their music stands, but we all have them somewhere. Usually it’s one of those you see to the right – the great, sturdy, utilitarian devices that they are. Unfortunately, there are a couple inherent problems with these:
- Ringing – The metal resonates causing a ringing effect.
- Reflections – many times you are using a stand close to a microphone and getting early reflections off the stand.
Here’s a few DIY fixes for these common problems.
- 1 yard of Sound Channels® acoustical fabric will reduce reflections back to the microphone – for up to 4 stands!
- 3 Linear feet of BlockAid® Sound Barrier will reduce ringing and resonance.
- a few feet of composite foam will give you both reflection and ringing fixes
The ultimate suggestion would be the Composite Foam/Barrier adhered directly to the stand, then covered with Sound Channels® fabric – This would turn your stand into a mini absorber.
Do the front and back! Make a slip cover for a temporary/removable solution.
This simple DIY project is provided as a way for our customers to learn better ways to use our products and get more value out of the products they buy. If you are looking for more ways to use the products you have, look to Acoustics First for Ideas. http://www.acousticsfirst.com
Acoustics First Corporation supplies acoustical panels and soundproofing materials to control sound and eliminate noise in commercial, residential, government, and institutional applications worldwide. Products include the patented Art Diffusor®, sound absorbers, noise barriers, acoustical fabrics and accessories. Acoustics First® products are sold for O.E.M applications, direct, and through dealers. For more information on acoustical materials and their application, please visit www.AcousticsFirst.com or call Toll Free 1-888-765-2900 (US & Canada).