Archive for December, 2016
You heard right – with both ears! (or Eyes?)
The Acoustics First® simulations took a huge leap forward toward more accurately modeling real world acoustic environments in two important areas.
- Ability to simulate Two sources (Now in Stereo!)
- Modeling Absorption to strategically remove energy from a space!
These two additions to the Acoustics First® simulations allow a vast improvement to the modeling of acoustic field development – and, while still in the early development stages, has already been instrumental in advancing the development of systems and products to improve acoustics in numerous ways.
See for yourself: In this most recent simulation, we compare the development of the acoustic field in two spaces with identical stereo sources – one room is basically a concrete box, while the other is a concrete box treated with absorbers and diffusers.
Untreated vs. Full Treatment Room Sim (Two Channel – With Absorption and Diffusion!) from Acoustics First®.
- Absorbers at early reflection points (Note Early reflection in First room)
- Diffusers breaking up specular reflections
- Absorbers constantly removing energy from the space – greatly reducing the overall intensity over the span of the simulation.
- This simulation is only modeling .046 of a second!
We hope you find this informative and stimulating and we will continue future developments of these simulations and try to add more functionality and realism to help all those out there to better be able to visualize the different ways you can affect the acoustics of a space.
For some of our previous Simulations – Click Here!