Archive for August, 2007
Acoustics First Corporation
Resources: Sales and distribution facility in Richmond, VA Contract manufacturing facilities throughout US
Role: Acoustical designer, manufacturer and supplier
Acoustics First Corporation was founded in Richmond, Virginia in 1997 as a woman owned business, by Rebecca A. Colleran who brought 18 years of experience supplying acoustical materials int her previous employment with her to her new company.
In 2000, the company acquired the patent and trademarks of an established acoustical manufacturer along with tooling to manufacture unique acoustical devices. Since that time new products have been developed, with two now completing the patent process.
In conjunction with manufacturing its own acoustical products, the company provides design assistance and supplies standard items and accessories as needed to complete acoustical work. In particular, the company has marketed Owens Corning product to sound contractors for over a decade and, at one time, was acknowledged to be their largest acoustical O.E.M. account.
The company has grown into an international supplier of unique acoustical materials to facilities worldwide. These include factories in China, recording studios in Switzerland, offices in Russia, broadcast studios in Venezuela. Facilities supplied in the United States include office buildings (Sara Lee, Chicago), theaters (Star Trek for Paramount, Hollywood), home theater (Joey Fatone, Florida), the United States Government and Military, and hundreds of corporate board rooms, churches and broadcast facilities.
Acoustics First activities are regularly reported in trade journals specific to their clients’ facilities.
As a trusted acoustical materials manufacturer and distributor, Acoustics First Corporation supplies materials to control sound and eliminate noise to customers in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, federal civil, international and commercial sectors. This includes the acoustical materials supplied for the command center in Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The commitment, experience and innovation of our product managers, acoustical designers and field technicians as well as our strong industry partnerships have earned us the position as the:
- Largest provider of acoustical materials for domestic radio broadcast faciliies
- Leading acoustical materials supplier for domestic houses of worship
- International supplier of materials for sound and noise control in hotels, factories and convention centers in Europe, the Mid-East and Far East
- Regular supplier of acoustical materials for the motion picture, television and broadcast industry, including the largest US radio broadcast group
- Consistently in the top ten internet search engine rankings for “Acoustical Materials”
As lead acoustical materials for sound control supplier, Acoustics First will execute the Government’s sound control requirements for this project, and will:
– Bear overall responsibility for meeting the project acoustical materials requirements.
-Cordinate with the other teams of uniquely qualified security systems, audio visual, and cable installers to provide fully integrated and operational systems.
-Provide design expertise to fully meet USACE, SOUTHCOM, and USAISEC requirements pertaining to acoustical sound control, as well as, evaluation of new and emerging technologies during the design phase.
-Provide overall design, site installation instructions, and Quality Assurance support necessary to ensure systems acceptance tests are successful and materials are delivered on schedule.
– Coordinate successful delivery acoustical materials with master construction schedule to deliver a true, turn-key facility that is ready to move-in.