Posts Tagged soundproof a rack
Posted by Acoustics First in Absorption, Auditorium, Broadcast Facilities, Data Centers, DIY, Government, Home Entertainment, Home Theater, HOW TO, Media Room, Music Rehearsal Spaces, Music Tracking Room, Product Applications, Recording Facilities, Recording Studio, Sound proofing, Studio Control Room, Vocal Booth on May 2, 2013
Take a few seconds and DIY fix some of the common problems with using equipment racks!
Not too many people think about their equipment racks, but many of us use them. Usually it’s something like what you see to the right – the great, sturdy, utilitarian box. Unfortunately, there are a couple inherent problems with these:
- Ringing – The metal resonates causing a ringing effect – may be masked by program material.
- Reflections – many times your rack is near sound sources causing reflections off the hard surfaces.
- Noise – Fans and other devices in the rack can make noises that are disruptive to recording.
Here are a few DIY fixes for these common problems.
- Composite foam with adhesive backing is perfect for stopping the ringing of filler panels.
- FireFlex™ acoustical foam the inside of your rack to keep the noise down.
- Use some Composite Foam to line your trays, drawers and shelves to keep items from rattling around inside the case.
- Cover your rack in Sound Channels® fabric to keep the case from causing harsh reflections.
- Make a temporary cover for the front and back with BlockAid® sound barrier with minimal ventilation cut-outs to use during takes if rack-borne noise is problematic.
This simple DIY project is provided as a way for our customers to learn better ways to use our products and get more value out of the products they buy. If you are looking for more ways to use the products you have, look to Acoustics First for Ideas. http://www.acousticsfirst.com
Acoustics First Corporation supplies acoustical panels and soundproofing materials to control sound and eliminate noise in commercial, residential, government, and institutional applications worldwide. Products include the patented Art Diffusor®, sound absorbers, noise barriers, acoustical fabrics and accessories. Acoustics First® products are sold for O.E.M applications, direct, and through dealers. For more information on acoustical materials and their application, please visit www.AcousticsFirst.com or call Toll Free 1-888-765-2900 (US & Canada).