Acoustics First BLOG
Posts Tagged banners
Case Study: Swim RVA! Competition Natatorium (POOL!)
Posted by Acoustics First in Absorption, Fitness, Gymnasium, Product Applications, Products, Uncategorized on May 12, 2021
Athletic facilities, including indoor pools, can often tolerate longer reverberation times when compared to other large spaces, like event halls and theaters. However, sound absorptive treatment is often needed to improve PA announcer intelligibility, reduce ambient noise levels and facilitate clear communication between coaches and participants.
Swim RVA enlisted the help of RTW Media and Acoustics First® to improve the listening conditions of their large Natatorium which contains an Olympic sized pool. The massive volume (approx. 800,000 cubic feet) and abundant hard surfaces contribute to excessive reverberation and noise buildup. Water is an extremely sound-reflective surface, akin to polished concrete; which exacerbates these issues.
To address these problems, over 200 4’x10’ Cloudscape® Banners were installed throughout the ceiling. Cloudscape® Banners provide the most “bang for the buck” in reducing excessive reverberation and noise buildup. When festooned, they provide additional low-frequency absorption, which is needed in these mostly concrete-block facilities.
In the end, the client was extremely satisfied with the end results, both acoustically and aesthetically!
Is your indoor athletics facility too noisy? Contact Acoustics First® today for a consultation!
banners, cloudscape, natatorium, pool
- This site is the BLOG for www.AcousticsFirst.com
2247 Tomlyn Street Richmond, VA 23230
- Company Information
- Customer Feedback
- HOW TO
- Press Release
- Product Applications
- Anechoic Chambers
- Animal Shelters
- Art Galleries
- Broadcast Facilities
- Construction Sites
- Data Centers
- Home Entertainment
- Home Theater
- Industrial Facilities
- Media Room
- Medical Facilites
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Music Rehearsal Spaces
- Recording Facilities
- School & Educational Facilities
- Teaching Rooms
- Worship Facilities
- Sound proofing
- Join 272 other subscribers
- Fabtec™ Panels: A Fully-wrapped option. acousticsfirst.info/2023/03/07/fab… 2 weeks ago
- Chickahominy Multipurpose Room – Sonora® Wall and Ceiling Panels acousticsfirst.info/2023/01/31/chi… 1 month ago
- Treating a reclaimed space: Tone Tiles® acousticsfirst.info/2022/12/30/tre… 2 months ago
- Sonora® & Sonora® Lite – together in Michigan acousticsfirst.info/2022/11/30/son… 3 months ago
- Taming the Cube with Cloudscape® acousticsfirst.info/2022/10/21/tam… 5 months ago
You must be logged in to post a comment.